Hello and happy August! I hope your month is off to a wonderful start. We had a fun weekend camping at a nearby lake. It was great to take the camper back out and do some summer swimming. To kick off the week, I decided to share some favorites from my most frequented Amazon list with you… kitchen & serving essentials. This curated Amazon collection I put together definitely sees more action than any of the others- and for good reason. There are so many beautiful, practical, and affordable things that make hosting, cooking, baking, and enjoying the kitchen much easier. From salt & pepper mills to daily flatware, click through for a big roundup of my top picks! I know we’re nearing the end of summer, but if you’re attending any late summer / early fall weddings… these items also make great wedding, house warming, or host gifts!
I was chatting with Laurie Anne last week, who is knee deep in her own kitchen renovation, and she asked me where I source nice looking & functional kitchen goods. She was on the hunt for my white silicone utensils. We’ve actually had those for years- you can even catch a glimpse of them in our previous kitchen, pictured below. Anyway- I’m probably biased because I think our selection at Tuesday Made is fantastic and beautifully curated (ha!), but aside from that- I made sure to send her my Amazon list. It got me thinking that this post may be helpful for others who are in the midst of kitchen renovations, dreaming up future plans, or just want to add a few new things to their space.
This quick post contains items of all price points… from a $5 soap dish to a $500 espresso machine, hopefully you can find something helpful to add to your wishlist that fits your aesthetic and budget. If nothing else, it’s just fun to brainstorm!
You’ll also notice lots of familiar items that I’ve shared from my own kitchen in the curated roundup below. For the more expensive items or brands- like Le Creuset, AllClad, Breville, KitchenAid, etc… I like to save those big items and wait until they go on sale or appear in a flash deal. Prime Day only rolls around once a year, but flash deals are pretty frequent. It’s an easy way to keep an eye out and save some money…
Shop my finds by clicking directly on each item below- everything is clickable… which is a good thing because it’s a long scroll!
The big item on my personal wishlist? #16- the Caraway ceramic bakeware set. Someday, I’d like to replace my old mismatched baking sheets for something nicer that fits more compact inside the cabinet. I almost splurged for it on Prime Day, but opted to snag my stick vacuum instead (which I’m loving, by the way). Maybe next year… or maybe later this fall if it goes on sale for Black Friday!
Some things I can’t live without here at home? Our glass water bottles get used every single day. You can read more about our RO system here. These are an amazing eco alternative to plastic bottles- and they’re dishwasher safe. They also look great neatly organized in the fridge.
We also use our All Clad cookware every day. I like that it nests together and saves room in the cabinets and drawers. It is a bit of an investment, but this is the type of set you’ll have for a lifetime.
Our espresso maker is another item in our kitchen that is used on the daily (or multiple times each day). Ours is over five years old and still works like a charm! Again- this is another expensive item that may be worth waiting for a flash deal… but it does go on sale. I always try to share once it does.
I’ve post a LOT about our kitchen, organization, and and design tips over the years. I’ll link some other relevant posts that may be helpful below, in no particular order…
- Our Current Kitchen Reveal
- Classic Kitchen Linens to Love
- Roundup : Non Permanent Kitchen Islands
- Kitchen Design : Panel Ready Appliances
- Surprise Kitchen Remodel
- Office Kitchenette Makeover
- Roundup : Kitchen Countertop Lamps
- Our Previous Kitchen Reveal
- Color Matching Our Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Pins : Kitchen Edition
- Kitchen & Refrigerator Organization
- Kitchen Must Haves for Hosting Family & Friends
- Design Discussion : Hardwoods in the Kitchen
- Breaking Down My Kitchen Cabinetry Hardware
- Our Kitchen Look for Less
- Kitchen Cabinetry Video Tour
- My Dishes, Glassware, & Kitchenware
- Guide for Properly Lighting a Kitchen
- 5 Things Everything Kitchen Needs (That You Might Not Think Of)
- Why We Used Soapstone in Our Kitchen… Again
- Kitchen Windows : The Selection & Installation Process
- Tips for Designing a Functional Kitchen
- How to Choose a Kitchen Sink
- A Tiny Kitchen Reveal
- A Modern Kitchen Tour
- Favorite Items for Organizing the Kitchen
- My Favorite Paint Colors for Kitchen Cabinetry
- Tips for Surviving a Live-In Kitchen Reno
- A Peek at Our Cabinetry Installation Process
- My Cabinetry Selection & Design Process at Lowe’s
- My Favorite Readymade Cabinetry Colors
- Your Complete Guide to Cabinetry Hardware
… There are lots more, but that’s a hefty list to get you started! Use the search bar to find more- or something specific.
There’s something about new kitchen items that makes cooking, baking, and hosting more fun. I just like getting organized- especially in the kitchen… and if my tools are aesthetically pleasing, it makes me happy. Once a designer, always a designer, I guess. Ha! We have a couple weddings to attend, so this list definitely got my wheels turning in regards to gifts. Here’s to a great week ahead! It’s another busy one over here, but I’m excited and optimistic for a new month. Cheers to August and happy Leo season! Speaking of… Peggi has a fun lion related post lined up for later this week. Check back for that!