I’m a little past due for a new Noteworthy post, so I wanted to squeeze one in before the month comes to a close next week. How are we already at the end of September?! This time of year always seems to fly by. Looking back at my past September & October posts, I rediscovered one of my favorites… does anyone remember my fall patio dinner party from a few years ago? If not, I’ll sprinkle some images throughout because it was one of the most fun outdoor dinner parties to plan & decorate. Click through for my fall bucket list, to weigh in on the color of the year, to see my latest finds, browse inspiring links, and of course- for monthly updates. I’m packing a LOT into this post! It’s a good one…
First up- let’s chat fall activities! Do you and your family have fall traditions or a seasonal list? Emmett & I always make fun seasonal plans and keep a running list of our favorite things we’d like to do or make time for. This fall, here is what our quick list is looking like:
- Have a fall mountain picnic.
- Take plenty of neighborhood RZR rides (if you’re curious, check out this post).
- Go to our favorite Oktoberfest events and enjoy fall beer.
- Make mookies (we made our first batch of the season last weekend).
- Watch the entire Harry Potter series… we do this every fall.
- Get cozy and read a book by the fire in our living room.
- Make a batch of mulled wine or maple bourbon cider.
- Host a small halloween gathering (for my birthday) and pass out candy to trick or treaters.
- Go on a couple of our favorite fall hikes with the dogs.
- Burn our favorite fall fragranced candles & make the house feel cozy.
- Make chili, soup, or other comfort foods (chicken pot pie is definitely on the list).
There is always lots to look forward to this time of year! It’s probably the Scorpio in me, but I love it. We also have some fall travel planned. We’re attending a friend’s small wedding in Zion this weekend, so we’re excited to venture into the park, hike, and celebrate. Emmett, Jordan, and myself (aka- the Tuesday Made crew) will also be attending High Point Market in North Carolina this October to scout new items for the shop. I’m really looking forward to that! It has been a few years since I’ve attended.
Did you see that Sherwin-Williams announced their Color of the Year yesterday?! They sent me a sweet box in the mail earlier this week announcing the color and it has been tough to keep it a secret. I absolutely love Evergreen Fog and could definitely see it in our home somewhere. Is it what you expected? Do you like it? It’s nice to see something a bit lighter and more neutral this year… it’s a very calming hue that still has personality.
Speaking of paint, I’ve actually got a paint post lined up for tomorrow. I ducked into my local True Value / Ace store last week to grab paint for my home office and pulled a bunch of beautiful swatches while I was there. It has been a long time since I’ve purchased Benjamin Moore paint, but I was reminded that they have some lovely desaturated colors and quality products. In the spirit of mixing things up, I pulled together a quick roundup of current favorite colors for you, so check back for that tomorrow!
Recent purchases? I’m not going to lie- fall is the one season where I actually get excited and enjoy buying clothing and fashion items. All of my recent purchases have been wardrobe related…
- boots // I am living in these Sam Edelman boots right now, and you can’t beat the price. They also come in a butterscotch color, but I got the creamy white ones. They are super comfortable, especially for my wider feet. I’ve been pairing them with jeans, a sweater, or a flannel for a casual and comfy fall look. I can walk around in them all day without having sore feet at the end of a long work day, which is a major win!
- striped boatneck long sleeve // I love stripes. I’ve always admired what the fashion experts call “french fashion” and I try to stick to classic pieces that won’t go out of style. This heavy long sleeve is 100% cotton, has a good neckline, is soft, and I know it’s one I’ll be layering for years to come. I bought a blazer that looks really good with it that I’ll be packing for High Point- with a nice pair of mules.
- good threads cropped sweater // I wore this sweater all weekend when we visited California. It’s ideal for layering, isn’t too heavy, doesn’t itch, and has a great funnel shaped neck that isn’t overbearing with too much fabric. The cropped fit isn’t too short (I’m not the type that wants to show my stomach, ha), so I was impressed with the length. There is also a little room in the sleeves to cuff the sweater, which I really like!
- animal print dress // I renewed my Rent the Runway subscription for the duration of this month because of the aforementioned events I have to attend this fall, and I’ve really been loving the selections I currently have here at home. This dress is a favorite for the in-between seasonal weather. I feel like it would be flattering on any body type!
- fall blazer // I ordered this camel colored blazer for some work events and will let you know how I like it once it arrives. I was most attracted to the beautiful color and sleek shape. I feel like it will be one that is easy to layer.
- black jeans // Let’s be real… the last time I wore baggy, wide leg jeans was in junior high school, and I’m not one of those people trying to keep up with the younger, hipper generation who is loving all things 90’s baggy denim. I’m still going to sport the jeans that look best for my figure and are most comfortable. These timeless black jeans are a new favorite that I’ve been wearing multiple times a week!
- gold studs // As I’ve gotten older, most earrings irritate my ears (pretty badly). For our anniversary (and as a last earring effort), Emmett told me to pick out nice 14k gold earrings because I wanted a pair I can leave in 24/7. I’m happy to say, I’ve been wearing these for a month and I can’t even feel them! I opted for the flat back, so they’re comfortable to sleep in, and my ears are happy- no irritation whatsoever. It’s less stressful than swapping earrings, having itchy, inflamed ears, and I love the way these dainty earrings look… feminine and effortless. If you also have allergies, try the 14k gold ones from Mason Miru!
I think this kitchen design idea is genius, if you have the room for it. What a dream! I love how integrated these look.
This chateau tour in France kept surprising me the more I scrolled. Ha! I’ll let you decide if it has the same effect on you. Hmmm.
Are you looking for good soup recipes this season? This post includes a fantastic roundup! I saved most of these.
Guess what? My office built-ins are officially underway! I’ll try to work on a renovation update post for you soon. Things are moving along and I’m starting to get excited for styling. If you’re shelf styling, you’ve got to check out this Pinterest board for some incredible inspiration I’ve been saving!
I finished a few good books (in the romance / crime / suspense genre) I wanted to share, if anyone is looking for good reads this season: The Last Thing He Told Me, Little Secrets, and Where the Crawdads Sing (I know I’m late to the party on this one). Be sure to read that last one before the movie comes out this summer!
Have you seen the Arc de Triumph lately? I really enjoyed learning about this and watching it come to life. It’s too bad we don’t have a trip to Paris lined up, prior to October 3rd. That would be something to see!
I think that’s all I have for now! I hope everyone is having a lovely September. I’d love to hear your favorite fall activities or recipes, along with any inspiring links, books, or items you think would be fun to share with everyone.