Happy Friday, friends! We made it to the weekend and I couldn’t be happier. The weather has been very spring-like around here lately, which has definitely put me in a cleaning mood. My plan for today is to spend half of the day working on my computer, and half of the day deep cleaning our house (click here for my checklist). All of the marble tile cuts from the basement bathroom have everything covered under a thin layer of dust. Bringing the tile saw inside probably wasn’t our best idea. Ha! Lesson learned. I swapped our bedding for spring yesterday (pictured above)… I think I’m just yearning for a fresh house thanks to this awesome weather. I figured since I’m calling it a short day to clean this afternoon, a Noteworthy post would be fun to talk lots of topics on the blog today. Click through for renovation updates, when to expect allll the reveal posts, life happenings, inspiring articles, recent purchases, and more!
Let’s talk reveals and renovation updates first…
- The Basement Bath Renovation // The shower glass is getting installed TODAY (doing a happy dance over here). As soon as it’s in, I can style the space, hang art, and photograph. All of that to say- the reveal should be happening within a week or two. I can’t wait to share it with you! It’s looking so good.
- The Powder Bath Makeover // I’m not going to lie, the powder bath is at a stand still… mostly due to my lack of motivation (to be fair- it has been very busy over here). I need to finish wallpapering, so I can apply the sticky floor tile (that matches our laundry room). Once those two things are finished, I can hang the mirror & art, shoot the space, and share it! My goal is to have it on the blog by the end of March or early April, at the latest.
- Emmett’s Office Renovation // I’m spending the morning editing photos and will have that reveal on the blog this Monday! It’s an enormous office building, so I might need to break it up into two posts. Once I start writing, I’ll see how long it gets. Show up on Monday ready for a fun reveal post (and a peek into Emmett’s workday… yes- he has a “real” job, outside of working on our house).
As for our next renovation project? I can’t really say for certain because the house usually “tells” us what comes next (thanks to plumbing or other issues), but I will say- I started designing the built-ins for my home office and have never been more excited. At our previous home, my office was the very last room we completed. I only got to enjoy it for a couple months before it was time to move. Emmett promised me my office could get bumped up on the roster in our current home. I spend SO many hours in here sitting at my computer each day- I would really love a space that makes me happy. The flooring is finished, but there are soooo many other things that need attention. Lighting for starters… my office has zero lights. That means when it gets dark outside, it feels like a cave in here. I added three table lamps, but it’s not ideal for working. Anyway, I’m crossing my fingers it’s our next big house project, but who knows!
This article made me miss our old breakfast nook! Speaking of breakfast nooks… have you been following Amber’s renovation? Her breakfast nook (even in progress) is what my wicker dreams are made of. Her entire house is going to be STUNNING once it’s all styled. I can’t wait to see how it shapes up.
Next up- my recent purchases…
- This bench // For our master bedroom, pictured in the intro. I had a Serena & Lily gift card that I wasn’t about to let burn a hole in my wallet. Haha!
- This single cup blender // I’ve been on a smoothie and shake kick lately. I make one everyday for breakfast. It’s super quick and easy!
- New sneakers // I basically live in sneakers. I work from home and now that the snow is melting, this is my go-to everyday shoe for spring.
- White ginger jar // This was a total impulse buy. I wanted something sculptural and feminine for my enamel desk upstairs. I’ll have to snap a photo soon- it’s so cute styled in real life!
- Nero marble soap pump // You’ll see this in photos on Monday… I ordered this HEAVY marble soap pump for Emmett’s office- it lives in the fancy reception bathroom.
I surprised Emmett with a birthday trip later this month (he’s turning 30 guys!!), so I wanted to go all out and spend a weekend away. We’re headed to The Ramble Hotel in Denver (pictured below). It’s in the River North district, so if you have any recommendations, I’m all ears! I’m thinking good food & drinks, art, shopping, maybe some travel tats, who knows what we’ll end up doing. We also have a camping trip on the books this month… any guesses who we’re camping with? Hint: our dogs will happy in the desert. Knowing we’re wrapping up the basement bath next week, we wanted to plan some fun things and take a nice little break before diving into our next project.
Speaking of travel, I really want to do more of that this year. After our European getaway for my birthday last fall, Emmett and I have the travel bug once again. According to Arch Digest, these are the top 20 places to travel in 2020. Have you been to any on the list? If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?!
My friend Cathy’s pantry is coming along so nicely! Have you been following along? We were fabricating marble at the same time, messaging each other back and forth… it’s fun to have design friends who “get it” and are going through the same process. Cheers to Garrett & Cathy as they put the finishing touches on that gorgeous room. I so wish we could visit and celebrate with a beer! Someday.
We haven’t watched much TV lately, but we’ve been on a docu-series kick. Our favorite so far? McMillions! It is absolutely fascinating and entertaining. Emmett and I both agree, we want to be friends or have a drink with FBI agent, Doug Matthews. That guy is hilarious!
Alright, I need to get motivated to finish work for the day, so I can clean (and maybe finish wallpapering the powder bath, if I’m feeling ambitious). Let’s do this! Hope you all have an awesome weekend. I’m crossing my fingers for more spring weather. Please check back on Monday to see Emmett’s office reveal. It has been ages since I’ve tackled a commercial project, so this was pretty fun. Ok, bye! xo