After just getting home from our weekend away to celebrate Emmett’s birthday, it felt like a good idea to kick off the week with a new, short & sweet Noteworthy post! Don’t worry- I have an Airbnb house tour and trip recap planned for you later this week because the place we stayed at in Joshua Tree was incredible (and dog friendly), so look for that later on. In the meantime, click through for updates, inspiring links I saved while in the car, recent purchases, and cool finds!
Now that we’re back home from our little staycation (it always feels good to come home), that means we’ll be getting back to work on my home office renovation this week (exciting)! I’m also working on designing a fun project for our backyard… not a pool (wishful thinking), but something we’re pretty excited about. I’ll share more once I’ve sorted through the details, budget, and design plan. Our roof installation in scheduled to start in the coming weeks, and I can’t wait to see the way it transforms our exterior. We’ll be using Bartile roofing, so it’s super dimensional. If you missed that news last fall, our roof was very damaged in a wind storm that rolled through our area, so it has to get replaced… we’re just waiting on better weather to arrive in our area before the installers can get started. Luckily, our homeowners insurance is covering the majority of the cost.
Speaking of better weather, I’m looking forward to all the springs things: patio time, planting our tiny garden, tending to our cooking herbs, and just being outside more often. Time away over the weekend in the desert made me realize how much I miss spending time outdoors under the sun. It was such a nice, relaxing, and rejuvenating trip for us! I came home with so many new ideas, creative energy, and optimism. We had nine hours there and nine back to brainstorm, dream, and just hangout without interruptions… which was pretty blissful. Our little road trip also has me itching for bigger trips. Funny how travel works that way! Do you have anything planned this summer or later this year?
One of my exciting ideas means big changes here on Room for Tuesday. I’ll share more once I have it all figured out, but I’m looking forward to more connecting, community, and helpful design conversations here.
Did you pickup the latest issue of Reveal magazine on newsstands for spring? You might have noticed a very cute, familiar face…
That’s right- Cash got a full page in the latest Reveal “Renovation Issue” that highlighted our built-in dog crate in our previous laundry room. It might be my favorite issue filled with amazing and talented design & renovating enthusiasts. We definitely felt honored to be included amongst such a talented group.
Have you ever ordered anything from eBay France– or did you even realize it was a thing? I feel like it’s an untapped resource if you don’t mind translating (or brushing up on your French) and can figure out shipping. I went down a rabbit hole while we were in the car driving (thanks to Jeremiah Brent’s recommendation).
According to Elle Decor, these will be the top bathroom trends for 2021. I actually agree with most of them and can also see these existing elsewhere in a home… outside of the bathroom as well!
My recent purchases have been all over the place… from clothing to home things and even hygiene-related items:
- spring sneakers // I posted these on the Tuesday Made IG account and got a ton of messages asking for the source. I’ve been living in these comfy shoes lately and I like the fun, wide ribbon style laces. They come in a few different colors and are currently 40% off with code SUNSHINE!
- electric toothbrush // This might be an unpopular opinion, but Emmett & I just ditched our popular Sonicare toothbrushes. We had been using them for 3 years, and even though our routine hadn’t changed, our dental health was declining (mostly gum issues). We swapped back to Oral B brand after years and both of our dentists (we go to different dentists, BTW) noticed a change for the better. I’m convinced the swap made a big difference… the brush head shape is different! My mom even swapped back (Emmett convinced her because she was having similar issues) and had good things to say as well.
- chambray kitchen towels // Because Emmett is strict about keeping our shop inventory organized, I bought a couple chambray towels for our kitchen. They’re perfect for spring & summer and I’ve learned my lesson on buying the things I really want for myself before they sell out. Ha! They’re super soft and are made of 100% linen. I’ve been loving them. I have one on our dishwasher and on hanging on our kitchen cart, pictured below.
- reverse osmosis system // I shared a few weeks ago that we were planning to install a water filtration system. I got a ton of messages asking which one we went with. After lots of research, this is the one we landed on. Our water is REALLY bad from the tap… so bad that it messed up our water softener and our new whole house humidifier. Anyway, we got it all sorted out and I’m excited for easy drinking water soon (this is our current eco friendly solution)… now we just need to make time to install it. I also have to find a different kitchen faucet.
- midi dress // I bought this dress last month (also 40% off with code SUNSHINE), and I’ve been wearing it often. It feels like an easy in-between seasons outfit that is really comfortable and flattering.
Although more formal feeling that my personal aesthetic, I really enjoyed this luxe, little home tour.
Is life feeling a bit more normal(ish) to you yet? It feels like spring is bringing so much positivity this year. I feel like good, happy things are on the horizon! Cheers to a great week ahead.