My plan was to compile a big Cyber Monday gift guide for you guys today, but after scouring the web for the latest deals- I found that most are the same ones I shared in my Black Friday Gift Guide post. Rather than being repetitive, I figured a Noteworthy post would be more interesting instead… plus a fun way to re-enter reality and kick off the work week after a nice little holiday break. Did everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving? I sure hope so! If you were hoping for a gift guide today, check out my annual GIANT gift guide, that has something for everyone on your list. You can also visit my Amazon storefront for additional holiday gift ideas, stocking stuffers, and even white elephant gifts. Click through to see what we’re up to in terms of renovating, find inspiring links, a few shopping finds, blog updates, and more!
First up… a renovation update. We are STILL chipping away at our One Room Challenge space, otherwise known as the formal living room. I’ll have a detailed update in a blog post this Wednesday, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. We made some revisions over the weekend and are so close!
After sharing the laundry room makeover last week, it seems like the majority of you would like to see me tackle the powder room (that lives within the laundry room) in a similar, budget-friendly manner. Your wish is my command and I’ve already ordered everything I’ll need! I plan to tackle that tiny space once everything arrives. Stay tuned! I might be more excited for this mini makeover than I was for the laundry. It’s going to be good.
I added all of these soups to our dinner rotation over the next couple weeks. There is nothing I want more than warm comfort food right now… especially with 20+ inches of snow on the ground outside. I’ll report back with favorites.
In terms of blog news and what to expect this month… I have lots of awesome things planned:
- I’m hosting my annual “Blog Hop Cookie Swap” next week. I invited some of my favorite design blogging friends to participate and let me tell you- it’s going to be INCREDIBLE. I can’t believe the list of talent who agreed to join this year. I’m in awe!
- I have a few awesome holiday giveaways planned for you, so stay tuned for those.
- I’m bringing my monthly email back, and this time it’s actually going to stick. Know why? For the first time, I have a plan I’m excited about and I think you’re going to love what it includes (which actually holds value this time around). Sign up in the side bar! You’ll be the first to know about giveaways, posts, special events, and more. I can also promise it will give you a good laugh.
- I’ll be sharing how I decorated for the holidays this week. That’s going to be a good post- especially given we got dumped on by a snowstorm and it allowed me to take incredible images. Our house looks simply dreamy under a blanket of snow (proof here).
- In terms of my last gift guides, I’ve got stocking stuffers and DIY / homemade gift ideas left to share before Christmas rolls around. Ready or not- it will be here before we know it!
Emmett begged me to watch this movie over the weekend, so we hunkered down in our basement with the dogs (and plenty of snacks). This three-and-a-half hour film was something, but I was most intrigued by the set design. I was excited to find this article! I think in another life, I’d love to be a set designer. How fun would that be?
Speaking of our basement and TV watching… has anyone watched Very Ralph? That was my pick last week and even Emmett LOVED it. We both felt very inspired and received the best compliments on IG after I posted stories about it…. “your basement feels very Ralph” -and then I did a happy dance. My work here is done. Haha! I can only dream of being as original and innovative as Ralph someday. What a goal!!
Last 6 purchases? I did a little holiday shopping and took advantages of sales over the weekend…
- these house slippers (sooooo many good reviews)
- this cutting board, pictured in the intro (for my sister as a holiday & housewarming gift… use code THANKFUL for 25% off!)
- these jeans (are my new favorite- and they’re on super sale today… they fit my curves, are so comfy, and the high-rise tucks in my tummy)
- a vanity & sink countertop combo (spoiler alert- this is going in the powder room makeover!!)
- a few of these can coolers (holiday gifts for our neighbors / friends)
- these pajamas for myself (which also felt “very Ralph” to me)
Another random thing I’ve been purchasing on repeat are these elderberry gummies. Everyone on our recent European vacation got really sick (except for me) and I swear it was because I was taking four of these a day. Once we returned home, I was exposed to lots of sick friends and family over the course of the past month and I have yet to feel under the weather (knocking on wood). Usually I’m the first person to get sick and I promise these little things are my key to wellness right now, during the holidays. Believe me when I say, the generic immune gummies don’t have the same result. I learned the hard way.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with a few Cyber Monday finds in the shopping slider below. Everyone have an amazing week!