Two Noteworthy posts in the same month?! I’m doing it. I felt like easing into the week after the long holiday weekend and just leaned into writing a more casual post this morning. My father-in-law packed up and hit the road early today, so I’m just getting back into the swing of things over here. Thanks so much for your patience while I took some time away from the blog and social media. It was really nice to unplug and get in some quality time with family. Anyway, this post is packed with links I found inspiring, renovation & project updates, upcoming blog posts to expect, my Memorial Day sale purchases, a little recap of my time off last week, some things I’m looking forward to, and news of an upcoming giveaway I have planned for you guys! Click through to read about allll the things…
First up- a little long weekend recap. Emmett’s dad drove across the country (on his motorcycle, no less) to spend a week with us. Although Utah is back open, we stuck to remote activities that didn’t involve other people, just to be extra safe. We spent the week hiking, fishing, off roading, sharing delicious homemade meals (including the biggest pizza Friday ever… we made 4 pizzas- this BBQ chicken recipe was one of them),and chasing those beautiful Utah views and sunsets. We pretty much spent all of our time outdoors taking in the gorgeous spring weather, and it was just what we needed!
Now that I’m back into the swing of work and all things design, I wanted to share some upcoming blog posts I’m excited to share soon…
- A complete panel moulding installation tutorial (you guys have been requesting this post for a long time now!)
- Some more lighting updates in our home + a roundup of new favorites
- The new (old) art trend I’m noticing and loving… plus my favorites from Etsy (including the one I purchased and styled)
- An upholstered bed / headboard DIY (that’s going to happen soon for our guest room)
- A fun little giveaway I have planned with Serena & Lily for you guys (valued at $250)
- Curated summer furniture pairings
- Our vintage dining set makeover (before & after)
- That Adobe Illustrator floor planning video I promised you ages ago (in this post)
- Our neighbor’s a-frame cabin deck reveal (happening on Monday 6/1!)
There is lots of goodness coming up on the calendar in the coming weeks! As always- let me know if you have any new blog post ideas or want to see something specific… I love adding fresh ideas to the calendar.
I bookmarked this article, sharing 80 Memorial Day weekend grilling recipes, that I know we’ll reference all summer long. We’ve actually been using the grill a LOT lately… and eating outside. In fact, last Thursday I was trying to make fruit pizza cookies for dessert (I had the dough on my cookie sheet ready to go), and the oven wouldn’t start. Emmett and I were equally as frustrated given it’s only a year old (we finished our kitchen renovation in July 2019) and his dad was here visiting. He dug into the issue only to find out the igniter is bad. We ordered the part and are waiting on it to arrive, but in the meantime (without an oven), we’re heavily relying on the grill and stovetop for our dinner.
Next up- my Memorial Day sale purchases. I had to take advantage of some good deals and grab a few things we needed over the weekend! Most retailers have extended their sales, so if you missed out and want to see my finds and the coupon codes- they’re in this post…
- bath brush // We have one of these in the basement shower and I decided to grab another one because we like it so much (random, I know).
- semi flush mount + flush mount + floor lamp // I got a bunch of new lighting while it was on sale… lighting post and details coming soon on where those will live!
- citronella candle + ticking stripe pillows // These were my World Market finds. I couldn’t say no to that easy citronella candle… we burn through a LOT of those each summer, and I’ll refill the vessel once it burns down.
- foundation + matte lipstick + lotion + brow shaper + aglow setting mist // These were my regular beauty purchases (they last forever, so I try to purchase them on sale a couple times a year).
- solar landscaping lights // I’ve been wanting to line our sidewalk and add lighting to our landscaping for awhile now.
In terms of renovating and home projects… we’re still working on the upstairs guest bedroom. Our plan is to take it slow & steady so we can enjoy summertime! I’ve also been brainstorming ideas for our dining room, since our dining table should be finished this week. We’re also making our way down the long maintenance to-do list (patching holes, swapping light bulbs, cleaning, finishing millwork, etc). You know- the stuff you really don’t want to do, so you put it off.
It seems like all of our recent outdoor projects and spontaneous yard & garden tasks have been good for our physical and mental health! I found this article fascinating… researchers have discovered that digging in the dirt and gardening is beneficial for health and immunity. Anyone else keeping busy outside these days?
Am I the only one who is not feeling this? I love the styling and even the green color and greek key pattern, but the freehand, crayon-looking, imperfect edge is giving me anxiety… especially in such close proximity to the perfectly level and ornate millwork. Help me like it, guys… I really want to, but my design brain is saying no for some reason. I will say- kudos to Holmes for boldly experimenting… that’s how the best designs come to fruition.
This article gave me a good chuckle. I feel like between Emmett & myself, we’ve owned and decorated with most of these ugly items at some point in our younger years. Haha! It’s safe to say our style has matured over the years.
How was your long holiday weekend? Did you do anything out of the ordinary or fun to celebrate? I’m excited to get back into my regular work routine now that our house guests have left.