It has been awhile since I’ve checked in, shared life happenings, inspiration, updates, and a Noteworthy post… I figured today was the day! Happy Monday my friends. I hope your week is off to an amazing start. I’m actually about to catch a flight to Florida for the Coverings tile & stone trade show, so follow along on Instagram if you’re interested to see behind-the-scenes. I can’t wait to see what’s new in that industry and hopefully discover lots of amazing products and options for our new house. It has kind of been an incredibly busy season. Emmett and I just got home from an impromptu weekend away last night, I packed my bag, and now I’m jetting off again. Click through to hear all the things.
I’ll start with the little weekend adventure Emmett and I just took. We’re really trying to adopt the “work hard / play hard” mentality and create a better work / life balance. As you probably remember, my family came to visit a couple weeks ago, and unfortunately my brother brought the flu with him (argh!). Long story short, I got super sick and couldn’t go on Emmett’s epic birthday camping trip that we started planning two(!) years ago. I was majorly bummed to have missed it, but he surprised me with a little impromptu weekend getaway. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we traveled around southern Utah, hiked, camped, kept out of cell service range, and just unplugged. It was so nice to take in the views, recharge creatively, make plans, and spend some quality time together. All of the images throughout this post came from our little adventure. We even found petroglyphs and pictographs- the art history nerd inside me freaked out!
I found this article on a surprising renovation material pretty inspiring. Back when Emmett and I were in high school (yes, we were dating wayyyy back then), we helped his parents build a house. His mom had the wacky idea that all of the floors throughout the home were going to be this material and I definitely thought she was bonkers. Today, they still live in that same house, the floors have held up nicely, and look exactly like her vision. It turns out she wasn’t crazy after all… just ahead of the trend. To my MIL, Cindy- if you’re reading this right now… I actually do love your floors and I’m sorry I ever doubted you. Haha!
My last 5 purchases (for some reason these are fun for me to share)…
- this garden stool // From the ‘Amazon Finds for the Patio” post. I couldn’t help myself- it was too good!
- silk pillowcase // Apparently I’m on a skincare kick right now after a visit to my dermatologist and she recommended this one.
- a summer blouse // Perfect for spring & summer… it’s lightweight, super soft, and very comfortable. 5 stars from me! It’s currently packed in my luggage for this work trip.
- this gimbal // I’m testing out some new blogging tools (including this camera stabilizer) and thought I’d try a cheap version first to see if I’m even capable of using it correctly before investing in something more expensive. I’m trying to enhance my video skills. Have you noticed more videos on the blog lately? I’m not great at them, but I’m trying.
- new espadrilles // This is my second time buying a version of these and I wore my last pair for 3 years!! I basically wore them into the ground and decided I should just buy new ones this spring. Between those and my Birkenstocks, those are the only two pairs of shoes I wear in the summertime.
In a couple of weeks, I’m partnering with Sherwin Williams to help my local Humane Society in a really fun way! I can’t wait to show you and share more about what I’ll be doing. I can say- there will also be plenty of cute dogs to love!
Perhaps I’m just hungry, but this article, “The Cheap, Easy, Healthy Meals Chefs Make During Rent Week” was a winner for me. I pinned every single image / recipe! Emmett and I are about to change the way we eat for a project (I’ll announce more on that when I can), and I’m hoarding all the easy recipes.
Are you guys reading any good books? I’d love to hear about them if you are! I’m in the middle of Girl Stop Apologizing, and once it’s finished, I have nothing else on my “must-read” list.
Apparently I have a doppelgänger? There has been buzz about Jack Ryan season 2 coming out soonish (I have no idea if this is true, BTW)… but I’ve started receiving messages again that I look like character Cathy Mueller (aka, Abby Cornish) in real life. Haha! She’s the love interest in the TV series. I didn’t watch the show, but Emmett did. I honestly don’t see the resemblance, but lots of you do, so I should probably feel lucky because she’s gorgeous. Lol! Instagram is a funny place. What do you think? Doppelgänger or not?
Lastly, I’ll leave you with 40 gorgeous small patios, which has been the perfect inspiration and kick in the butt I needed to start designing our outdoor living spaces. I’m pretty excited to get going on those and share them soon.
Alright, I’m outta here! Be sure to follow along on my trip to Florida if you’re interested in tile & stone- I’ll try to share as much as I can. Otherwise, see you back here tomorrow for the April monthly moodboard? I found LOTS of good stuff this month!