You guys asked for this post, so naturally- we wanted to deliver! Emmett and I shot a quick little, casual video to share our six proudest renovating moments so far. We plopped down onto the sofa in the guest room window nook, the dogs joined in on the fun, and we recorded our favorite projects up to this point. Click through to read (and watch) the moments and hard work that made us feel the most accomplished.
I’ll begin by saying, with a few home renovations under our belt now, we had quite a few projects and DIY moments to choose from. It was interesting to compare Emmett’s favorites to my own. They might surprise you! Check out the video below…
As promised, I’ll link the mentioned projects and resources below…
EMMETT’S PROUDEST RENOVATION PROJECTS
- Herringbone Hardwood Floors // These were a new challenge for us, as before we had only ever refinished hardwoods.
- Plumbing Our Entire Ohio Home // Emmett replaced every single supply line, drain, and pipe… the home received 100% new plumbing. It was a BIG job, to say the least.
- Fireplace & Built-ins in Our Previous Living Room // This was Emmett’s first finishing carpentry project. I think he did a wonderful job and I’m missing that pretty vignette right about now.
SARAH’S PROUDEST RENOVATION PROJECTS
- Previous Kitchen // I’m proud of myself for not only designing a beautiful, unique kitchen… but a functional one with TONS of closed storage. It perfectly fit our needs in that home.
- Our Old Backyard // This project was HOT, labor intensive, and difficult from a physical perspective, but it yielded awesome results and the hard work was well worth it!
- Guest Bathroom Renovation // Our most recent project, the guest bath, was very challenging. We spent so many hours tiling, we stepped outside our comfort zone, and pushed our craftsmanship limits.
We’d love to hear which projects you enjoyed following along with the most! Do you have any favorites? In a couple weeks I get to share our next project and it’s a BIG one. It’s going to be a fun spring & summer- I can tell you that much.