Hello, hello! I missed everyone and am very excited to be back to the blog this morning. Happy February- I hope yours is off to a lovely start, as we’re already one week in. I figured the best way to kick off the week and month is with a new Noteworthy post… especially as I’m slowly easing back into work this week. I have updates for you, inspiration, fun links, recent purchases, and lots of goodness packed into this one. Click through and check it out- it’s a shorter one, if you’re looking for a quick read!
First, I want to send a big thank you to everyone for your kind words, thoughts, prayers, and positive energy sent my way last week. January honestly felt like a heavy & stressful month over here, but once again I was reminded of friendship, kindness, and positivity. Thank you for that! My surgery went well and I spent the majority of last week in bed reading (check out my book selections here), watching TV, and working from my laptop. I discovered I’m pretty terrible at bed rest and lounging, but I’m still trying to take it easy until my doctor officially releases me- hopefully in a week or so. Anyway, thank you for checking in! It really meant a lot to me. I’m thankful to be back this morning.
Since January didn’t exactly go as planned (thanks to my unexpected surgery), I owe you a renovation update. My office reveal is scheduled for this month! It’s happening. I’m just waiting on Emmett to finish my desk (which is pretty much done), and then I’ll add some finishing touches and photograph. I can’t wait to show you! I’m really pleased with how things came together, and now that I’m feeling healthy again- I finally have the motivation and focus to grab my camera and get creative.
We’re already onto our next project… the entryway! If you missed those plans, check them out here. Emmett said he’d like to dive into tiling our entry as soon as I’m cleared by my doctor to lift and be active again. It’s going to be a two person job, and I’m VERY ready to see that beautiful French cabochon tile installed.
I also started designing our laundry room renovation, thanks to down time in bed. It will be a bit before we tackle that space, but it has been fun to dream and scheme. If you’re curious about my inspiration, check out this Pinterest board!
Does anyone have any fun travel planned for the year ahead? This time of year always turns me into a wanderlust. I enjoy planning weekend getaways or activities, or we’ll usually save up and take one big vacation each year. I just like having things to look forward to- especially during the winter months. Emmett and I had flights booked to Europe for next week- Amsterdam and then to Switzerland for skiing, but sadly we cancelled our trip for obvious reasons. We’re hoping to visit family later this year, do some more diving, and then we’re celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this fall and are crossing our fingers to make it back to Italy. That would be incredible, but who knows what the future holds. If the last two years has taught me anything, it’s not to get too terribly attached to a travel itinerary. Ha! What are you excited for this year? Do you also enjoy planning things to look forward to during the winter months?
You know I have a soft spot for vintage lamps. If you ever find a vintage lamp that doesn’t work or needs rewiring, this tutorial is really thorough. Pin this one for when you need it! I’ve had to rewire some of my vintage lamps and it’s easier than I expected.
I’m probably one of the few people who is wishing for winter snow, but we need it here in Utah! Despite the warm mild winter we’re having, I’m still following my regular February rituals… stocking our house with fresh florals, burning comforting candles, spending time in the kitchen with new recipes & cookbooks, as well as indulging in some delicious chocolate. How is your winter shaping up? I can’t believe we’re already into February. January went on & on, but now I feel like time has suddenly sped up.
I was intrigued and clicked into this article, 8 DIY Projects You Really Should Know How to Do Yourself … just to see if I could do everything on the list (proudly yes). Can you?
Believe me when I say you don’t want to see my *most* recent purchases because they’ve all been medical items for my recovery (boring). Instead, I’ll share five fun purchases I made in the last month or two that you might enjoy…
- An inexpensive scarf // Somehow over the years, it became my look to tie a scarf on my bag, purse, work tote, or sometimes even my keys. I love switching it out seasonally, but I always have one tied to my bag- it’s a fun and easy way to dress it up, personalize, and add a fun moment to your wardrobe! I love this simple striped one, and have started collecting vintage ones as well.
- A comfortable lounge set- top & bottoms // After finding out I was having surgery, I wanted to order a super soft, cozy knit lounge set for the hospital (that looked more presentable than an sports tee paired with Emmett’s borrowed sweatpants). These are my new favorite- I’ve been living in them. I ordered a size medium top and a large pant, which fit great with plenty of room. I’d highly recommend! I’ll throw a long cardigan over top for added warmth, and I still feel semi put together despite basically being in pajamas.
- New glasses // I had Lasik over a decade ago, so I exceed 20/20 vision during the daytime, but one complication post Lasik… I have trouble with my vision at night. Long story short, I’m no longer (legally) allowed to night drive as of a couple months ago, but my doctor gave me special nighttime lenses to help me see at home- which meant I got to pick out new frames. I landed on these and love them, if anyone is in the market for new eyeglasses.
- Crystal vase // We’ve been getting amazing new arrivals & shipments in the Tuesday Made shop lately, so I treated myself to a HEAVY crystal bud vase for my fresh blooms. It’s pictured earlier in this post, but I love the way it captures & creates light prisms on my wall. I love its timeless aesthetic! Be sure to check back for Wednesday’s blog post- Peggi is sharing an amazing roundup of gorgeous bud vases.
- My favorite swimsuit // If anyone has spring (or spring break) travel plans, I wanted to share my all-time favorite swimsuit. It’s flattering on all body types, I feel secure & confident, and it’s such a classic look. The five star reviews don’t lie! This summer will be my third season wearing this suit and it still looks brand new.
I just renewed my subscription to World of Interiors, and wanted to share that magazine with you again. It’s definitely my favorite design publication that arrives regularly, and is always packed full of inspiration.
I’ve been helping my friend, Laurie Anne, with her new house renovation from afar. We keep in touch via Marco Polo and she said it’s like having a personal designer in her pocket. Hah! Her questions have been providing a fun distraction while I’ve been lounging. If you’re looking for your own “pocket” designer, check out The Expert. Lots of my talented designer friends are on the platform and it’s a great way to get quick advice from professionals. Sadly, it has been a few years since I’ve taken on interior clients or consultations, simply because of time. I’m asked about it often and while I wish I could help everyone, my recommendation is always the same… check out The Expert. Their IG is packed full of interior inspiration.
Looking for drapery ideas? This article, 55 Curtain Designs to Inspire Your Next Makeover, was actually very well done and is perfect for brainstorming. There are lots of beautiful examples to discover.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day… how is that only a week away? It’s not a big deal to us, but we definitely use it as an excuse to eat at our favorite local restaurants. I actually have my post op appointment on Valentine’s Day, but Emmett promised after the doctor we could grab Italian at my favorite spot. I’m calling that a win! I also will take any excuse to eat chocolates and display pretty florals around the house, which I’ve already been doing a lot of lately. If that’s your thing, you can find my gift ideas, winter styling items, and cozy home decor that I’ve gathered here.
Looking for an amazing home tour? I really enjoyed this one! It’s the perfect example of modern meets traditional and it’s packed with antiques and intricate millwork.
As I’m in planning mode for the year ahead, I’d love to hear what types of blog posts and projects you’d like to see in the coming months. It’s really helpful and insightful for me, so if you’d drop your thoughts in the comment section below, I’d really appreciate it! I’ll try to tackle as many topics as I can. I’m trying to get super organized this month, and part of that plan includes getting my blog calendar in good shape. I want to make sure I’m sharing posts that are educational, entertaining, helpful in some way, or inspiring.
Thanks again for your kind words, well wishes, and for being so patient and encouraging while I was out last week. I’m doing much better and I have a feeling February is going to be far better than January over here! I’m just pretending the beginning of my new year starts now. Here’s to a great month ahead… spring will be here before we know it. Have a good week, friends. Thank you for being here!