Somehow a month has already passed, we’re headed into November next week, and it’s time for a new Noteworthy post! This year has really zipped by quickly. Does anyone else feel that way? Perhaps I’m in a reflecting mood because my birthday is this weekend and I’m looking back on another year, but I feel like time is flying. Anyway- I’m excited to usher in another year, enjoy the holiday season ahead, continue sharing inspiring & entertaining links, updates, design finds, and more. Click through for this month’s Noteworthy post! It’s filled with good reads, recent buys, fun articles, and some updated views around my home…
Ever wondered what I do before I posting an image to Instagram or the blog? Check out this article on 8 things home influencers always do before they take pics.
I’ve been on a reading frenzy lately. My older sister shares the best book recs and I’ve been going through one every week or so… I’m trying to replace some chill TV time in the evening with reading. If you’re interested in the ones I’ve finished in October so far, I’ll link them below… they’re all page turners:
- The Staionery Shop by Marjan Kamali
- Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier
- The Star Crossed Sisters of Tuscany by Lori Spielman
- The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
This video interview with Adele was so fun to watch because it shows the interior of her home. I spied lots of vintage rugs, colorful cabinets, and was bummed to hear that she thinks people don’t keep real books in their homes anymore. There is nothing I love more than a shelf or built-in stuffed full of interesting books! And- I definitely think you can tell a lot about a person by the books they keep in their home. On another note… her vintage stair runner is beautiful, and I’m envious of her outdoor area.
Just because it’s fall doesn’t mean pizza Fridays are over! We’re still making homemade pizzas around here to celebrate weekends. The next one on my must-try list? This barbecue bacon number from Sarah at Broma.
This Facebook Marketplace find has been tempting me. Should I get these?! I don’t have a place in mind for them, but I can’t stop thinking about this pretty pair… and after Peggi’s post on lampshades, I’m tempted! Someone should probably talk me out of it or into it.
Recent purchases? Most of my recent buys have been holiday related…
- ribbon, ribbon, and more ribbon // Last year I missed out on the good ribbon I wanted, so I shopped early this year. Give me all the velvet and silk ribbons- I love the textures.
- cypress wreaths // I snagged a set of these from our shop before they sell out… which they did quickly last year. These look SO realistic and are lovely installed in a trio.
- cashmere sweater // I decided to buy myself a little early birthday gift and splurge for super soft cashmere sweater. I know I’ll be living in it this holiday season and winter! It’s a reasonable price for being 100% cashmere, and I love the mock neck.
- pinecone wreath // Another wreath, but this one will fit within the mirror above our fireplace perfectly. I couldn’t stop thinking of it, so I finally decided to go for it.
- loafers // Everyone asked about the shoes I was wearing at High Point market and I put some miles on these babies! They’re super comfortable, feel like slippers, and fit my wider foot really well. I got so many compliments on these and was glad I made a quick impulse buy a few weeks ago before we left for North Carolina.
- topaz ornaments // I also grabbed a handful of these from our shop before they sell out. These hand painted ornaments look so timeless to me and they’re a great scale. This year I was determined to get the things I wanted before they were out-of-stock (since that happened often last year).
I know I’m early, but I’m already scheming my holiday decor because we have so many beautiful and festive things in the shop that I need to photograph (sooner rather than later)– wreaths, ornaments, candles, etc. I think for the sake of shop styling, Christmas decor is going to happen early at my house. Ha! I’m not at all mad about that situation. In fact, we’re already getting snow here, so it kind of feels right. I think you’re going to love my color scheme this year! Any guesses based on my recent purchases? I’m actually really excited about it. We have the most beautiful ginger jar and dog ornaments coming to the shop this weekend, so definitely follow along on IG if you want to see once those are available!
Speaking of shop talk, I wanted to congratulate my friend Chloe on opening her brick & mortar storefront, Boxwood Mercantile. If you’re in or near Reno, be sure to stop by and check it out! I can’t wait to visit in person someday. Hopefully soon!
While we’re dreaming of travel… after reading about my friend Alisa’s recent trip to Italy, I’m itching to book flights. I lived in Florence for a stint during design school and it was such a magical experience. I’d love to go back with Emmett- he’s never been. Just for fun… if budget, timing, or anything else wasn’t standing in your way, where would you hop a flight tomorrow?! I can’t wait to hear these answers. We’ve been doing lots of travel & adventure dreaming around here lately.
We’re hosting a little family-friendly trick or treat this weekend to celebrate my birthday. Nothing says “this is 32” quite like passing out candy to cute kids for fun. I’m looking forward to seeing our friends as they swing by and I will say- Emmett and I pulled together some pretty epic Halloween costumes this year. I’ll definitely share on IG so you can get a good laugh! Here is your hint- they’re both Harry Potter characters. Any guesses?
We’ve been cleaning things up and winterizing around here. I wanted to share this helpful list with you… it really is the ultimate fall cleaning and chore checklist!
How do we feel about dog baths in the laundry? I’m anxiously awaiting our future laundry room renovation so we can install one of these! I also think they’d be great for cleaning up boots, gear, and just messes in general. I’d like to think I could design one that is ideal for multiple purposes.
Last, but not least- I have a big blog announcement for the holiday season. I’ll be sharing blog posts three times per week. If you’re a regular blog reader (thank you!!), I’ll have new posts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for you. As our Tuesday Made shop is becoming increasingly busy, and the hustle & bustle of the holiday season is upon us… I’ve been stretched thin in regards to my time. I’m hoping this schedule change will be beneficial for everyone. I’ll still have quality design inspiration for your regularly that is spread nicely through the week, and I’ll be able to get everyone’s holiday orders out the door in a timely manner- all while enjoying the season myself. As always, I appreciate your understanding and support- of both the blog and our shop. It means so much to me! Truly more than you know. You all have become such wonderful friends and this place is so special to me!
I’m looking forward to sharing so many beautiful and inspiring things this holiday season. I also have some fun surprises lined up for you, so please check back often, say hello, and keep in touch! And remember- new posts will go live Monday, Wednesday, and Friday… and of course I have thousands of helpful posts in the archives which can easily be searched or referenced. I’m looking forward to a fun and celebratory birthday weekend ahead. I hope you have a good one, too! See you back here on Monday?