Two Noteworthy posts in one month? I know, I know. This one is short and sweet though. I’m taking a couple weeks off from the blog, but before I go- I wanted to share some good reads, inspiring links, an entryway update, recent finds, some cool house tours, and more! Photos throughout this post are from the breakfast nook in our previous home… can you believe I shared that project reveal exactly three years ago?! It feels longer and shorter, at the same time. I feel like most of you have been around since that project! Anyway, click through for the good stuff…
This was such a fun read… 25 interior designers of history whose names you should know. I love learning in this article!
Our entryway update… I ordered the tile!! That felt like a big commitment. Don’t even ask about the lead time because it’s a lonnnnng wait, but it will be worth it. It’s a beautiful octagonal beige limestone with black marble cabochons, and I’m really excited about it. You can see some of my saved inspiration here and here. We’re in no hurry, but it feels nice to go ahead and have a plan for that area in our home, once the materials arrive.
I really enjoyed this house tour! It’s a fun summer one to scroll through- located in Sag Harbor.
A new cocktail I’m looking forward to trying and shaking up this summer! It looks delicious.
Recent purchases? They’re pretty random this month… a couple things for our home, a gift, and a couple clothing items for summer vacation.
- interior door mat // Funny story- when we first moved in, we immediately ripped out the carpet in my office to install our herringbone hardwoods. We cut a square from the carpet we removed to use as a “temporary” mat in front of the door that leads to the garage. Well, we still have that hacked up carpet square in front of the door that leads to our garage. I FINALLY bought a proper door mat and can’t wait to toss that old thing!
- hand blocked quilt // I got this to give as a gift to a friend… isn’t it beautiful? I’m thinking of snagging one for myself!
- comfy swing dress // I live in swing dresses during the summer months. They’re soft, comfortable, can be dressed up or down, can be used as a swim coverup, and pack easily… I had doubts since this one came from Amazon, but it’s really great. I got it in an XL and it’s nice & loose.
- maxi dress // I went to the mall for the first time in ages and ducked into Anthropologie. I had been on the hunt for a classic long maxi dress. This eyelet one made me feel so beautiful and confident! It’s super flattering and is one of the two dresses I’ll be taking along on vacation.
- lidded vessel // I had to snag one of these for myself before they sell out. I knew it would be perfect on our coffee table! It houses our Instax mini photos of family, friends, and memories.
I loved reading this post… 22 people on when they feel most themselves. It got me thinking- when do I feel most like myself? When do you feel most like yourself? I need to be conscious about enjoying those special moments and doing more of the things I love that make me feel like me. That has been a consistent, reoccurring goal over here.
Christian Siriano’s place has some serious pedestal eye candy. Scrolling through this house tour was another well-spent five minutes! There are some cool modern pieces & furniture packed into this one… they don’t exactly match my own aesthetic, but they’re still fun to appreciate!
If you’re looking for some talented designers to follow, Elle Decor just shared their A-List roster of the year. There are some seriously talented people in that bunch! It was fun to discover some new follows, too.
As we gear up for our getaway, I bought a bunch of your book recs (thank you for those)! At home and during my normal routine, I usually read self help books, business books, and the occasional “fun” fiction book (romance, historical fiction, murder mystery, etc). The fun books are my favorite, but I usually don’t have a ton of time for them, so vacation always means catching up on reading for me! I had to narrow it down to three books for the sake of space in my bag, but I decided to take the following: The Boys in the Boat (rec from Brittany), Where the Crawdads Sing (rec from Alisa), and The Last Thing He Told Me (rec from Julie). I’ll also gladly take any TV, movie, music, or podcast recommendations you have… I’ve got many travel hours ahead!
The last and most important matter of business? I’m taking a couple weeks off for vacation! While I’ll miss my blog fam, Emmet & I are headed to French Polynesia for some R&R and adventure. We’re excited to check out, put our scuba gear to good use, and explore an area of the world we’ve never visited before. I’ll be sure to capture lots of photos and will share on IG stories (as service allows), if you’re interested in following along on our trip. I’ll also put together a recap for you once we return home, because we’ll be staying in some pretty beautiful places. I’m hoping to come home feeling rejuvenated, inspired, and well rested. Isn’t that always the vacation goal? I’m taking off into the week of the 4th, since it’s a holiday. That will give me some time to catch up once we’re back. If you show up looking for a daily blog post and wonder where it is, that’s what happening. I just wanted to give you a heads up!
As always, I appreciate you being here and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and holiday ahead! I’ll talk to you soon and will have lots to share. Does anyone else have any fun summer plans you’re looking forward to?