It has been a few months since I’ve shared a Best of Etsy post. I’ve been saving and scheming over here, and wanted to compile another seasonal find for you… holiday stockings! I’ve found Etsy to have an amazing selection filled with vintage fabrics, needlepoint options, customized embroidery or monograms, and some are even made from vintage rugs. If you’re on the hunt for new holiday stockings, have added members to your family, or are looking to begin a new tradition, I hope this proves to be a fun and helpful post! I’ve been chatting with my grandma on the phone about a new line of pillows for the Tuesday Made shop, and in the midst of our pillow planning, we went ahead and planned some fun stockings for the 2022 holiday season. We both think it would be fun to create a line with vintage designer fabrics. Something to look forward to next year, if all goes as planned… all thanks to my Etsy inspiration! Click through to check out the latest.
Let’s dive right in! I saved a lot of unique stocking options- of all styles, fabrics, and price points. Or- if you’d like to take the DIY route, definitely check out or save this post.
I made my own stockings and we’ve been using them for years. As you can see throughout this post, they’re always styled the same, but I do like to mix up my ribbon! They’ve become a fun holiday tradition in our household.
Shop my finds by clicking directly on each Christmas stocking below…
I have a few stocking styling tips to share with you as well…
- Don’t forget the trim… Add poms, fringe, or tassels to elevate a plain stocking or add interest. Those are easy to attach!
- Use ribbon… Although most stockings have a convenient loop for hanging, try adding ribbon for a special touch.
- Think of the overall vignette… Sometimes stocking placement can be tricky, but think of the entire vignette as a landscape. Odd numbers are always a good idea, or intentional groupings. Keep balance in mind!
- Think outside the (fireplace) box… you don’t have to have a mantle to hang stockings. You can hang them on a credenza, sideboard, a console, from wall hooks, a coat rack, a favorite piece of furniture, the foot of a bed, etc.
- Start a tradition… My favorite thing about our Christmas stockings is the tradition & memories that accompany them. Whether they’re the last bit of holiday decor you add, or the first gift you open on Christmas, start your own family traditions!
Do you hang stockings for the holiday season? I love them for a traditional aesthetic, but it’s also something Emmett & I have done since we were children. I have fond memories digging into our stockings before my siblings and I were allowed to open any gifts. As we got older, our parents allowed us to have our stockings on Christmas Eve. I cherish those memories! Since Emmett & I don’t have kids, we use our stockings for Cash & Cros… it’s my favorite way to kick off Christmas morning and is one of the funniest things to watch! Their Christmas usually consists of a stocking stuffed with treats and a toy. It’s pure entertainment and we always get good belly laugh! Anyway, I love a classic Christmas stocking, and it has been fun to brainstorm & peruse, even though I don’t plan to swap ours anytime soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead! I have more design related holiday things to share next week- including my evening holiday home tour, so be sure to check back for that. Happy pizza Friday, friends!