Can you believe it’s already the beginning of a new year?! High five for surviving, guys! 2016 went SO quickly, but it was such a successful year full of memories. I wanted to send a big Happy New Year your way, but mostly a thank you from the bottom of my heart! I can’t even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtful comments, encouragement, and friendship over the past year. I feel incredibly lucky to be doing what I love and making connections along the way. So- enough of the mushy stuff, cheers to 2017!! Let’s make it our best year yet. Here’s what you can expect to see on Room for Tuesday in the coming year…
1. The Renovation // I know you guys are eager to see what’s going on with our renovation. I’ve sort of been back piling content so I can post complete images that show our house before, throughout the process, as well as styled after images. As you might imagine, it’s been a ton of work, and has taken a lot of time (because it’s not our full time job). We have a long way to go, but luckily the fruits of our labor will finally be ready to be featured in 2017! I’ve even started planning when and where within the content calendar they’ll appear… so that’s definitely something to look forward to. Spoiler alert- the guest room will be the first room reveal of the house. You’ll see everything from new windows, trim, paint, lighting, and even how I organized the closet- a total overhaul!
2. Adventure // Moving to Utah has been nothing short of amazing! We’ve discovered so many insanely gorgeous places during our adventures. I know this is more of a design and lifestyle blog, but I think you guys will really enjoy beautiful images of us exploring our new state. I’m hoping to tote my camera around more often when doing fun outdoorsy things.
3. Getting Real // I hope it’s noticeable, but I try to be pretty transparent with everyone. I’m going to try to continue that in 2017, especially when it comes to our renovation. In fact, next week (thanks to a reader suggestion), I’m sharing the breakdown of our renovation budget. Yes, these details are incredibly personal… but they also help others who are in similar situations. Comment or ask me whatever and I’ll do my best to give you an honest answer or post. Sometimes the transparent details aren’t pretty- like seeing unfinished projects or reno fails, but hey- that’s life. If you’re following along for the ride, I’m guessing you can roll with the punches and at least laugh with me. I’ll also continue my Noteworthy series, which is about as real as it gets… sometimes I feel like I’m talking into space, but it’s a good outlet and I love reading your comments on those posts in particular!
4. Your Favorites // The posts that have done well in 2016 are here to stay. The consensus is that you all love our ongoing series we began this year (Best of Etsy, Monthly Moodboards, etc). Obviously interior design and renovation posts are the most popular, and luckily I have an entire house full of projects just waiting to share! It’s going to be way fun.
5. Reader Perks // This year I want to give back as much as I can! You can expect lots of fun giveaways and perks for following along. I’ve already reached out to lots of sponsors I truly love and have some exciting things lined up.
I’m not really a resolutions type of person because I sort of believe they never last, but I do like to make a list of goals and review them every once in awhile. If there’s anything you’d like to see in 2017, just comment below and we’ll pop it in the calendar! Thanks again for an amazing year. I hope your New Year is magical. Let’s do this. Cheers!!