One my very best vintage finds was a pair of velvet upholstered ottomans. I pulled them out of a storage unit at an estate sale and couldn’t believe my eyes. How had nobody claimed these?! I scooped them up into the back of my car, and drove away smiling. I still think about those ottomans. I shouldn’t have sold them, but when moving across the country, they just wouldn’t fit into the moving truck. My loss was someone else’s gain and there are plenty more ottomans to score in this lifetime. Today, I’m sharing a fun ottoman roundup on the Interior Collective and am explaining why ottomans are one of the most versatile pieces of furniture you should buy for your home.
If you’re wondering where an ottoman might live in your home, here’s a GIANT list of places you can style one or two:
- tucked under a coffee table
- tucker under a console table
- use as a side table
- use in the kids room or nursery
- use in place of a coffee table
- place a pair at the foot of the bed
- use a storage ottoman behind the sofa
- use in a guest room (a great place to sit luggage, or additional bags)
- use in an office (another great place to drop supplies, paperwork, a tote, or prop your feet)
- positioned in an entryway
- to fill negative space at the end of a hallway
Is your mind blown? Contrary to popular belief, you can pretty much put an ottoman anywhere!
Be sure to click over to the Interior Collective for the entire roundup- categorized by shape, size, and material.
Like the images throughout this post? See more of the spaces: one / two / three