Source: Ricardo Garcia via Bloglovin
We are ready for summer and with it comes lots of traveling and fun activities. Here are a few things we have on our summer bucket list this year.
1. Visit a local brewery with friends. We especially love visiting Warped Wing Brewery here in Dayton. The tasting room is surrounded by large glass garage doors that roll up to provide open air seating. Since they do not serve food, you can frequently find a variety of local food trucks parked outside, adding to the fun. Or you can even bring your own food inside! We cannot wait to visit on a warm summer night.
2. Attend a hot air balloon festival. You can find these all over America! The one we are excited about is the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Middletown. Dozens of hot air balloons fill the air at sunset, making the sky glow. It will be a picturesque moment we don’t want to miss.
3. Shop at a vintage flea market. Summer is also about escaping reality and getting away (even if only for a long weekend). This summer Dan and I will be taking a short trip to Asheville, North Carolina to celebrate our anniversary. While we are there I plan on visiting a few antique home decor shops while downtown. Maybe I will come home with some new treasures!
4. Dine out(doors). As you will see very soon, we just finished our outdoor patio. We have already entertained our first dinner guests and I have to say it was a success. Summer is the perfect time to sit outside, enjoy a lovely meal and conversation, and sip on a glass of wine. This one will definitely be on repeat!
5. Go to a drive-in movie. This is something Dan and I do every summer. It is a great time to order take out, stock up on dollar candy, and cuddle up under the stars. We love attending The Skyborn Drive-in in Dayton. This summer, I want to see Pitch Perfect 2 and Aloha.
6. Take a trip to the local market. This past weekend Dan planned a morning/day date to get coffee and crepes at 2nd Street Market. While we were there I found a new favorite vendor for peonies. We also like picking up fresh fruit and veggies for the week. This is a great way to eat healthy and shop local.
7. Attend a baseball game. This is my favorite summer pastime. I grew up going to Dayton Dragon’s games every summer and when I went off to college I graduated to The Cincinnati Reds. It’s a good thing I married a man who loves sports! To me, there is nothing better than sitting at the ballpark under the lights with ice cream in hand.
8. Plan a pool day. I worked as a nanny through college just so that I could sit by the pool and get paid for it. Ok, not really but it was a nice perk of the job! If anyone is lucky enough to have a pool in their backyard or know someone who does, you can have a lot of fun with this. Like playing games of Marco-Polo, floating around in ridiculously cool pool floats, and even making signature cocktails to enjoy by the water.
What is on your bucket list this summer?