As promised, I’m hosting a range hood giveaway with Zephyr! Last month they flew me to San Francisco for their annual designer retreat and I was super excited when they agreed to gift one of you a range hood of your choosing. Click through for a peek at how my kitchen is looking these days, some tips for hosting guests this Thanksgiving, and of course- to enter the giveaway.
*This post is sponsored by Zephyr. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that allow us to create unique content while featuring products we actually use & enjoy!
I’m going to devote a big post to this just as SOON as I can, but you guys already know we’ve been house hunting. I can say… if everything goes as planned, we’ll be moving sooner rather than later. Therefore, I’ve been cooking every single night and enjoying every square inch of our beautiful kitchen before it’s time to move on.
Honestly, the space hasn’t changed very much since the reveal. If anything, it’s just a bit more cluttered (which I actually think makes it feel more cozy)- I’ve added some cookbooks to the countertop, canisters, and other functional items we use often.
Our range hood was the very last thing we installed to wrap up the entire house renovation. It was a weird moment! I am stoked that our house no longer smells like food and I can rest easy knowing grease isn’t floating through the air, coating our home. The range insert is doing such a good job and it makes me wish we wouldn’t have procrastinated, installing it sooner.
Speaking of grease, want to hear a gross fact I learned on my trip? If you don’t have a range hood, one GALLON of grease accumulates in your house each year. Yuck. As soon as I came home from San Francisco, I marched through the front door and told Emmett, “We are installing the range insert TONIGHT.” ha!
I custom designed the range hood exterior, but when buying the insert, I had a pretty lengthy criteria list. I wanted it to be efficient, have good lighting, but most of all- I wanted it to be quiet.
Range hood noise is measured in sones. Without getting super boring, a soft whisper measures 0.5 sones, normal conversation would measure 4-5 sones, and traffic noise measures around 8 sones. To give you an idea of how quiet this thing is… even on medium speed, it equates to a whisper. That’s honestly what impressed me the most.
Onto 10 of my tried and true tips if you’re hosting Thanksgiving this year…
- Plan ahead // It makes everything go so much more smoothly and you’ll feel less stressed if you’re prepared.
- Make as much as you can in advance // This creates less items on your to-do list the day of.
- Never turn down help // If someone offers to help or bring a dish, let them! Not only does it help you, but contributing will make your guests feel great.
- It’s fine to buy food items // There’s no shame in buying a few appetizers or desserts from a local bakery, restaurant, or Trader Joe’s. Put them on a serving dish and call it good- every single thing doesn’t have to be homemade.
- Set the table the night before // Prep the table or decor the day before- it will be one less thing to worry about.
- Have wine or cocktails ready to go // Guests are typically happier with drinks in hand, and won’t care if things don’t go exactly as planned or dinner is served a little late.
- Set boundaries // Know how many people you’re hosting, who is coming, and tell guests what’s expected. If your home is a “no shoes” zone, it’s fine to keep it that way during Thanksgiving… just let guests know at the door. They’ll be respectful!
- Don’t forget the kids // If children will be attending, keep them entertained. Setup a table for them or have activities on hand to keep them occupied and having fun.
- Start a tradition // Whether it’s a specific game, an “I’m thankful for” conversation around the table, a certain movie, or the parade on the big screen – your friends & family will appreciate making special memories.
- Enjoy yourself // Just because you’re hosting doesn’t mean you should stress. This is your Thanksgiving to enjoy. You put in the hard work, so don’t forget to savor the delicious food & drinks, spend quality time with friends & family, and sit back & relax the best you can. Seriously!
G I V E A W A Y
**CLOSED** Congrats to Jennifer! Now, the moment you’ve been waiting for! The chance to win your very own Zephyr range hood. Remember, the winner gets to select whatever model they’d like based on their kitchen and personal preference. That’s super exciting!!
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow Zephyr on Instagram.
- Comment below on this blog post, and share which range hood you’d want in your kitchen!
I’ll choose the winner in one week (November 20th). Good luck!! I’d also love to hear your thoughts on my kitchen. Do you still like it as much as I do? The wood cabinetry is just as dreamy as I expected it to be.