With the redesign of the blog, and my updated personal / professional website almost ready to launch… lately I feel like I’ve been reevaluating what comes next. With an internet FULL of blogs, it’s difficult to produce unique content that people actually want to read on a daily or weekly basis, so I wanted to ask you guys some questions. I’ll make it worth your while with a giveaway at the end!
What do YOU want to see and read? What are the topics you guys are most interested in? Interiors? Food? Fashion? Do you want to hear more about my life with personal posts (maybe some Facebook Live action?), or would you rather see amazing roundups and inspiration- sort of like we’re doing now?
It’s a super saturated industry and I believe the best thing to do is stay true to myself, post things that inspire me, be authentic and realistic, but most importantly- listen to my readers. Let’s play a little game of “would you rather?”…
- See random, artistic, and inspiring images (that isn’t necessarily original content) OR brand new content that I personally style, curate, and shoot (like I’m currently doing)?
- Look at pretty, styled images on Instagram or laugh at realistic, behind-the-scenes on snapchat?
- See an original renovation / transformation from start to finish or view rooms by other designers with ways to get the look?
Three more easy questions for you guys that would be super duper helpful…
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- What is your favorite Room for Tuesday topic (interiors, food, travel, fashion, etc)?
- Why do you follow along (get new info/ideas, pass the time, just for fun, etc)? Or how did you end up finding the blog?
For those of you who are new to Room for Tuesday… I don’t consider myself to be a “real” blogger, if there is such a thing- as in, it’s not a huge source of income and not my “real job”. I actually have degrees in design, fine arts, and art history. I juggle my own business, freelance design, and work very hard to style, shoot, draft, and edit 95% of everything posted on this blog. I do it because it gives me a creative outlet that is free of boundaries and limitations- it challenges me creatively, but also because I’ve met so many amazing people and made friends with readers along the way. Obviously, Room for Tuesday isn’t a huge blog at this point, but I want you guys to know that I always speak with my own voice and personally answer all of your comments (well- technically either myself or Jacqueline), emails, and social media questions.
I feel so lucky to have amazing readers who continue to follow along, post encouraging comments, and support my creative endeavors… especially in a world that can be little cruel sometimes- this is my happy place! Please, please, please post your comments below with feedback, so we can produce content you guys are interested in reading. Each comment will be entered in a giveaway for an awesome surprise- and it’s a good one.
PS. Kalyn and I are almost ready to take on another fixer upper (more on that later). Thank you guys times ten!! xo
Update: Huge thank you to everyone who was kind enough to comment!! Congrats to the winner this time: Kayley.
images: photography by greenbird