It’s hard to think fall fashion when it’s been 90+ degrees and humid all week, but if there was ever a time to wish for cooler weather…it’s now! I have been slowly adding a few new items to my closet for fall and I’m getting more and more eager to wear them. With Labor Day weekend right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to buy some new pieces at a discount with so many good sales. Instead of sharing a complete outfit on budget, I thought I would share a few budget-friendly pieces that are currently on my wish list.
1. Faux leather moto jacket: I picked up this piece during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale after searching for a black leather jacket (that didn’t break the bank) for years. I love this one because it’s the perfect mix of classic and edgy and can be worn with jeans or over a dress. Expect to see me wearing this all season!
2. Patchwork oversized open cardigan: This was another great Nordstrom Anniversary Sale find! I am a baby when to comes to cold weather, so I love to stock up on cozy oversized sweaters to curl up in. It’s also the perfect piece to throw on in the evenings when it’s still warm enough to go without a jacket. I will wear it with a comfy white t-shirt, destroyed jeans and booties.
3. Perforated bootie: Speaking of bootie…this was one thing I did not get from the sale that I had hoped for. These are currently back at full price (so over our $100 limit), but easily worth the splurge to make this list. I love the cutout details and how easy these would be to wear if you are on your feet all day. Hopefully these will go on sale again soon – I have been keeping my eye on them!
4. Chambray stripe shirt: We are getting read to head to New York for a long weekend and this top felt like the perfect piece to come along! I love how simple it is, yet so chic and fashion forward. I would love to wear it with a flowy skirt or tied in the front with a pair of white skinnies.
5. Olive leather clutch: This is the perfect leather clutch for fall! Green hues are huge right now and I love, love, love the suede material. It’s a good on-the-go bag for happy hour drinks with friends!
6. Wrap choker: The choker trend is one I have been trying to decide if I am going to jump on board with or not. I think because it is SO nineties and reminds me of my childhood a little too much. Ha! However, I will say I am loving the simple wrap chokers and think they would be a great addition to a top with a higher neckline or a button up top that hangs loose around the neck.
7. Swing pintuck top: I recently bought this top in three colors because I liked it so much and I got them on sale for $15 each. My husband laughed, but when you find something good you better stock up…right?
8. Leather mule loafers: This fall I am excited to try some new shoe trends. First up…mule loafers! I love the idea of these – very comfortable and chic! I imagine wearing these with jeans or maybe even a fall dress and jacket. I really like this pair from Zara!
9. Ankle-length cardigan: Coming in under $30, you can’t go wrong with this sweater! I love the length and I love how versatile it is. It’s the perfect piece for transitioning to cooler temperatures.
10. Ankle Boyfriend Jeans: I love stocking up on new jeans at the beginning of the fall season. This year I want to try ankle length boyfriend jeans for something fun and new!
I’d love to know…what items are you loving this fall? Do you have a favorite from our fall fashion preview?