I’m sort of a product junkie and I often have friends ask for recommendations, so I thought this would be a fun series to share my absolute all-time favorite products! I’m pretty particular when it comes to cosmetics and things I apply to my face. My skin type is typically combination to oily, so I’m always hesitant to try new products in fear of breaking out. Over past few years, I finally have a series of products that I love and have come to depend on. For those of you in the same boat- these are my most trusted, go-to cosmetics and tools for combination to oily skin types.
01. Ultra Precision Slant Tweezers // I usually don’t mess with my brows, but every once in awhile you just need to pluck a stray hair. I’ll admit it, I like these because they’re pretty and brass- but they also do a nice job and feel heavier than the norm.
02. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer // This stuff covers ANY blemish without feeling gunky.
03. Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil // The one product I use every. single. day…. that is, until I undergo microblading.
04. Double Ended Foundation Brush // I hate cluttering up my cosmetic bag, and this brush is really all I need for concealer AND foundation.
05. Nars Audacious Lipstick (in Anita, for summer) // It’s like my natural lip color- but better. This lipstick feels creamy and doesn’t dry out my lips like others.
06. Clinique Lid Smoothie (in Bit ‘O Honey) // I’ve literally been using this stuff since high school. Ha! I will never use another lid primer- there’s a reason it’s been around forever. It never ever leaves creases no matter how long it stays on.
07. Kevyn Aucoin Bronzer // The only bronzer that works for my skin type. It pretty much adapts to any complexion.
08. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Shadow // These eye shadows are the best and they last forever. For summer, I prefer a light pastel pink that is barely noticeable.
09. Jouer Blush (in Bloom) // This is a mineral powder blush, so it’s lightweight and absorbs oil… it also has the tiniest bit of radiance.
10. Liquid Eyeliner // Another product that has ruined all the others for me. This Kat Von D tattoo liner is the only one I’ll use. During vacation, I went on an impromptu white water rafting excursion, and this stuff didn’t budge. I couldn’t believe it!
11. Powder Brush // Again, I don’t like cluttering my cosmetic bag and this brush works for all powders: setting powder and blush. It’s super versatile and can be used for contouring / strobing, too.
12. Marc Jacobs Major Volume Mascara // Two things I don’t like: clumps and spider looking lashes. This stuff gives you volume without looking icky.
13. Urban Decay Shadow (in Easy Baked) // I use this as highlighter rather than eye shadow. I dust a tiny bit onto my cheekbones and just below my brow.
14. Eyelash Curler // If there’s one good hack I learned from my mother, it’s heating my eyelash curler up with a hairdryer (but be careful!). I always curl my lashes before applying mascara.
15. Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder // I would be lost without this product. It actually helps to absorb oil throughout the day, but doesn’t look flat. The reflective quality is the perfect amount of glisten (NOT sparkly).
16. Brow Styling Gel // My brows sort of have a mind of their own and they go every which way. This gel is inexpensive and it holds them in place all day. It’s transparent and also thickens them.
17. Lancome Tinted Moisturizer & Sunscreen (for “no make-up” days) // I could sing the praises of this product all day. It gives you a fair amount of coverage, hides oil, and looks super natural.
18. Lancome 24H Foundation // This foundation reduces oil, offers full coverage, stays on all day, and is available in a ton of colors. I’ve been using it for about 5 years now- love it!
19. Eyeshadow Applicator Brush // I like a tiny eyeshadow brush because I like to realllllly blend. This one is easy to work with.
Obviously I don’t use ALL of these items on a daily basis, but after tons of testing and experimenting with other products, these have won the reputation of my absolute favorites. Do you guys have any cosmetics or tools that should be added to this list?